Lance Dunbar Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Book 7 - Amendments

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lance
Admin
Lance

Book 7 - Amendments Empty
PostSubject: Book 7 - Amendments   Book 7 - Amendments EmptySeptember 14th 2010, 23:22

Quote :
Book 7 - Amendments

A. Amendments
i)A proposal becomes a law only after it receives the Count's ratification
ii) The Council examines law proposals proposed by any Council member, and after discussion, submits the proposal to the Duke to be put to vote
iii) A petition of 20 names may bring forth a discussion to amend a law or laws within this document, by the Council
Back to top Go down
https://lancedunbararchive.forumotion.com
Alistair243

PostSubject: Re: Book 7 - Amendments   Book 7 - Amendments EmptySeptember 20th 2010, 17:28

Im thinking here or add it somewhere else, or both.

iv) No new law can be made, removed or amended for 5 full days after a new county council election or a successful revolt on the county council.

Reasoning for this is to prevent revolters getting in, then revoking all the laws and fleeing (dukes can do that so one they take over the new duke revokes them all) and after that we have to vote all the laws in again and cant prosecute them. Is happened in Ireland so trying to safeguard ourselves here. Also means if a stupid CC is elected we can revolt them out without them changing anything Razz... i mean we wouldnt do such a thing....
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Book 7 - Amendments   Book 7 - Amendments EmptySeptember 20th 2010, 17:28

Yeah that's something I wanted to add . . . hadn't gotten around to section 7 yet Razz
Back to top Go down
Alistair243

PostSubject: Re: Book 7 - Amendments   Book 7 - Amendments EmptySeptember 20th 2010, 17:29

The Razz is so gay in here, i have to stop using it, i dont want to be know as a poofer, even though im marrying a guy im a damn man!!
Back to top Go down
Sullihan

PostSubject: Re: Book 7 - Amendments   Book 7 - Amendments EmptySeptember 20th 2010, 22:37

I'd make it ten days, we don't want a Carlisle of our own do we? Laughing Fifty days to work on laws is plenty.
Back to top Go down
Fitz Dunbar

Fitz Dunbar

PostSubject: Re: Book 7 - Amendments   Book 7 - Amendments EmptySeptember 21st 2010, 10:52

Yeah, I agree with that law. Not sure on the right amount of days though.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Book 7 - Amendments   Book 7 - Amendments EmptySeptember 27th 2010, 19:02

Quote :
Book 6 - Amendments

A. Amendments
i)A proposal becomes a law only after it receives the Count's ratification
ii) The Council examines law proposals proposed by any Council member, and after discussion, submits the proposal to the Duke to be put to vote
iii) A petition of 20 names may bring forth a discussion to amend a law or laws within this document, by the Council
iv) No new law can be made, removed or amended for ten (10) full days after a new county council election or a successful revolt on the county council.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book 7 - Amendments   Book 7 - Amendments Empty

Back to top Go down

Book 7 - Amendments
Page 1 of 1