Lance Dunbar Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Book 5 - The County Council

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lance
Admin
Lance

Book 5 - The County Council Empty
PostSubject: Book 5 - The County Council   Book 5 - The County Council EmptySeptember 14th 2010, 23:20

Quote :

I. Council Procedure
A. Elections
i)The Council is assigned for a term of 2 months, by the citizens of the County with the help of an election. Between the 12 members of the Council, 10 will be chosen as ministers for various County positions and one of them will become the Count
ii) The Count protects the County. He appoints and revokes ministers that act in his name. He controls the rectification of the laws and he is the only one able to give high justice
iii) Councilors with no position can be assigned to other duties by the Count. Examples of other duties are Chancellor, Rector, or any position a Count can give

B. Voting in the County Council(Entire section replaced Aug. 1458)
i) All votes will be held in the Private Forums
-a) Non-emergency votes will last a minimum of 3 days or until quorum is reached.
-b) All votes will be started by the Count/Countess or Lord/Lady Protector.
-c) Votes will be counted by a record vote of AYE, NAY, or ABSTAIN. Votes that are ABSTAIN will count to the quorum but will not effect the AYE/NAY vote.
-d) The Count will not vote until the last day of the poll, in case the Count's vote is needed as a tiebreaker.
-d) A vote will be considered passed when a quorum is reached and the majority of votes is recorded for either AYE or NAY. If half or more of all votes cast are ABSTAIN, then the vote will be deemed inconclusive and returned to discussion.

ii)Emergency Votes
-a) Emergency votes shall only be used for time sensitive issues which require immediate action; where a delay in voting could cause upset to the safety, security, or functioning of the county
-b) The Count or Lord Protector can call an emergency vote
-c) Emergency votes will last no longer than 24/48 hours or until a simple majority vote is received with either the Count of Lord Protector having voted as well.(i.e. 6Aye, 1 Nay/Abstain)
-d) The Count, Lord Protector, or Spokesperson will notify all members of Council to inform them of the Emergency Vote.

iii) Quorum
-a) Quorum is determined by half plus one of the amount of Councilors currently ALIVE in the Kingdom and serving on Council.
-b) If there are an ODD number of eligible votes at the start of the vote, a simple majority of the votes cast rules
-c) If there are an EVEN number of eligible votes at the start of the vote and the vote ends in a tie, the Count's vote is used as tiebreaker. The Count MAY NOT abstain.

iv) Reporting votes
- a) All votes are to be reported in Galloway Inn and include :
- The vote and result
- Councilor's Name
- Councilor's Vote
(end amendment)

C. Council Security
i) All information given in the private council room forum is private. The only persons that can get information out is the Spokesperson, or any other council member that receives authorization to do so by the Count. Any councillor that violates this article will be charge with high treason against Galloway duchy and can be sentenced to death or exile
ii) All information having to do with; Treaties, Army, Constabulary Forces, Security proposals, and any other information requested by a Council member will be in the Private Councilroom

D. Discussion Procedures
[amended Oct 1457]

i. Discussions in the County Council will be managed with an agenda organized by the Duke, Lord Protector,and/or Spokesperson for the county.
a. The Agenda will be posted in the Public Forum.
b. The Agenda will include sections titled: Current Discussions, Awaiting Discussion, Ongoing Discussion, Closed Discussions
c. Any member of Council can add a topic to the Awaiting Discussion list

ii. Discussions will be placed in the Agenda on a first come-first served basis, except in the following conditions:
a. The Duke or Lord Protector can move a topic up the list at their discretion
b. The Council can move a topic up the list with a petition signed by a minimum of four Council Members.

iii. All discussions should be started in the Public Chambers by the Duke, Lord Protector, Spokesperson, or the councilor requesting the discussion; except the following, which should be started in private chambers:
a. All war/security discussions
b. Any discussions sent to a member of the County Council privately
c. Any councilor can start a thread in the private chambers.
d. Discussions in the Private Chamber should not be included on the Public Agenda
e. Private discussions will be moved or summarized in the public forum after their conclusion.

iv. The Duke or Lord Protector can relocate threads to the private forums at their discretion or with a petition signed by four or more councilors.[end of amendment]

II. Ministers of Council(Entire section amended July 16, 1458)
A. The Count (Also considered the Duke, and/or Royal Burgh Commissioner)
i) The Count protects the County and the Council of the county, appoints and revokes ministers that act in his name, and controls the rectification of the laws
ii) The Count is the leader of the County Council and is the highest authority of the County
iii) The Count is the only one able to give high justice
iv) The Count's actions will always be for the protection of the people and the goods of the County
v) The Count's authority is irrevocable and it is assigned by the Council by a majority vote. He can resign aat any moment of choosing
vi) The Count has the sole power to modify or remove a law from the law books of Galloway, after a council vote on the issue/law
vii) The Count can issue decrees that will be applicable as laws for a temporary period of time, after a council vote on the same issue. The decrees must be announced to mayors by the Spokesperson, and should be posted by each mayor in the Town Hall
viii) It is the Count's responsibility to ensure dedication and effort from the ministers of council
ix) The Count will publicize a weekly report, including County statistics, in the halls of government.

B. The Lord Protector
i) The Lord Protector is selected by the Count, and approved by a vote within Council at the beginning of each term
ii) The Lord Protector is the second highest authority of the County
iii) In case the Count is ill and/or incapacitated of doing his duties, the Lord Protector temporarily obtains the Count's authority and duties until the Count is capable again to take back is duties and authority

C. The Sheriff
i) The Sheriff manages the breeding of livestock, is in overall charge of administration of the mines, and is in charge of issuing money grants from the County funds
ii) The Sheriff must inform the Count and council of the statistics of the county via reports as requested by the Count or Lord Protector
ii) The Sheriff will publicize a weekly report of the County statistics in the halls of government.

D. The Trade Minister
i) The Trade Minister is in charge of overall trade in the County. He controls the County Fair and the productions of the County
ii) The Trade Minister must inform the Count and council of the statistics of the county via reports as requested by the Count or Lord Protector
ii) The Trade Minister will publicize a weekly report of County statistics in the halls of government.

E. The Judge
i) The Judge is the enforcer of justice and the law in the County, under the Count
ii) The Judge must adhere to the Judge's Charter in the King's Edict, and know the Judge's Charter before taking on the role
iii) The Judge will decide fairly on all trials, according to the Rights of the Citizens of Galloway and Scotland
iv) Upon the giving of a guilty verdict, the Judge will acknowledge the accused their rights to appeal the case
v) The Judge will keep a record of trials and the decisions in the County Council for the Council as requested by the Count or Lord Protector
iv) The Judge will publicize a weekly report in the halls of government.

F. The Public Prosecutor
i) The Public Prosecutor is the servant of the people of Galloway, and the arm of the law
ii) It is the Public Prosecutor's duty to bring to justice, the breaking of laws within the borders of the County
iii) The Public Prosecutor is to prosecute to the best of their ability in the cases presented by the citizens
iv) It is the Public Prosecutor's duty to ensure a case is breaking the law, before officially filing the charges
iv) The Public Prosecutor will publicize a weekly report in the halls of government.

G. The Captain
i) The Captain leads the County army, under the Count
ii) The Captain may request funding for the County Army with approval from the Count, to the Sergeant
iii) The Captain will publicize a weekly report in the halls of government.

H. The Sergeant
i) The Sergeant is in charge of the finances of the military and Constable forces
ii) The Sergeant acts as the second in command of the County Army
iii) The Sergeant can allocate, or revoke the money allocated, to the Constable instantaneously and is always aware of the balance of the Constable's funds
iv) The Sergeant will publicize a weekly report in the halls of government.

I. The Constable
i) The Constable organizes the defense of the towns by recruiting Chief Marshals
ii) The recruitment of the Chief Marshals is made in a confidential way, directly with the person concerned
iii) The Constable determines the amount of the wages, and pays them out; This payment will be made only once, at any time that the Constable chooses
iv) The Constable will determine the number and stats of the needed Marshals; Hired out directly by the Chief Marshals
v) The Constable forces, act as the police force of the county, and can apprehend possible criminals to be charged
vi) The Constable will publicize a weekly report in the halls of government.

J. The Mine Superintendent
i) The Mine Superintendent is in charge of reporting the statistics of the mines, at the time of them being most full (Right before reset)
ii) The Mine Superintendent, under the Sheriff, can maintain and provide the upkeep of the mines in the County
iii) The Mine Superintendent must inform the Count and council of the statistics of the mines via weekly reporting.

K. The Spokesperson
i) The Spokesperson is the primary public voice of the Council. He announces the decisions of the Duke and the Council to the populous of the County.
ii) The Spokesperson is required to make a Council report every week in the Galloway Inn. The report will include all other Councilors reports, as well as voting outcomes, the public agenda and any other reports he may choose to include.
iii) The Spokesperson is the only one able to speak about Council matters, under the Count and Lord Protector
iv) It is the Spokesperson's duty to be a representative from the Count, to the King and Administrators of the King on the tasks of Announcing prestige boosts and changes to the laws

L. The Rector [amended August 1458]
i) The Rector is appointed by the Duke from a slate of 3 nominees put forward by the students of the University. The Rector derives his or her power over education matters from the Duke's authority.
ii) The Rector's power is the extension of the Duke's power. The Rector acts as the education arm of the Duke. The Rector shall work with the Council but is not subject to the Council.
iii) The Rector shall be responsible for the education of the Duke’s subjects, insuring the smooth running operations of the University; maintaining and updating education resource materials and maintaining academic neutrality. S/He has the right to select instructors and create class schedules. They shall insure that all Ways and Instructors have equal access to learning and employment. They shall make public the standards and expectations for employment. They shall post publicly the methodology by which classes and instructors are chosen. They have the right to remove instructors for cause.
iv) The Rector shall publicly report to the Duke on the 1st of each month, a formal State of The University report.
v) The State of the University report shall include but not be limited to the listing of number and type of Seminars, number and type of visiting instructors, acquisitions of new books and any other relevant information.
vi) The Rector can be removed for cause if they fail to insure that the education needs of the county are not met. They have the right to a public hearing the charges, the right to submit evidence in their defense, the right to call witnesses to defend their academic credibility.
vii) Candidates for Rector shall publish their Curriculum Vitae in the University Forum, along with a statement about why they want to be Rector and their goals for the University. The current Rector may submit themselves as a candidate to continue their duties. Use of their position to intimidate, bribe or other wise influence the selection process shall be grounds for removal. Students shall discuss and vote for their top three candidates for Rector. These names shall be submitted to the new duke no later than 12 days after the election of a new council.
Back to top Go down
https://lancedunbararchive.forumotion.com
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Book 5 - The County Council   Book 5 - The County Council EmptySeptember 15th 2010, 21:59

Quote :

I. Council Procedure
A. Elections
i)The Council is assigned for a term of 2 months, by the citizens of the County with the help of an election. Between the 12 members of the Council, 10 will be chosen as ministers for various County positions and one of them will become the Count
ii) The Count protects the County. He appoints and revokes ministers that act in his name. He controls the rectification of the laws and he is the only one able to give high justice
iii) Councilors with no position can be assigned to other duties by the Count. Examples of other duties are Chancellor, Rector, or any position a Count can give

B. Voting in the County Council(Entire section replaced Aug. 1458)
-a) Non-emergency votes will last a minimum of 3 days or until quorum is reached.
-b) All votes will be started by the Burgh Commissioner or Lord/Lady Protector.
-c) Votes will be counted by a record vote of AYE, NAY, or ABSTAIN. Votes that are ABSTAIN will count to the quorum but will not effect the AYE/NAY vote.
-d) The Burgh Commissioner will not vote until the last day of the poll, in case the Count's vote is needed as a tiebreaker.
-d) A vote will be considered passed when a quorum is reached and the majority of votes is recorded for either AYE or NAY. If half or more of all votes cast are ABSTAIN, then the vote will be deemed inconclusive and returned to discussion.

ii)Emergency Votes
-a) Emergency votes shall only be used for time sensitive issues which require immediate action; where a delay in voting could cause upset to the safety, security, or functioning of the county
-c) Emergency votes will last no longer than 24/48 hours or until a simple majority vote is received with either the Count of Lord Protector having voted as well.(i.e. 6Aye, 1 Nay/Abstain)
-d) The Count, Lord Protector, or Spokesperson will notify all members of Council to inform them of the Emergency Vote.

iii) Quorum
-a) Quorum is determined by half plus one of the amount of Councilors currently ALIVE in the Kingdom and serving on Council.
-b) If there are an ODD number of eligible votes at the start of the vote, a simple majority of the votes cast rules
-c) If there are an EVEN number of eligible votes at the start of the vote and the vote ends in a tie, the Count's vote is used as tiebreaker. The Count MAY NOT abstain.

iv) Reporting votes
- The vote and result
- Councilor's Name
- Councilor's Vote
(end amendment)

C. Council Security
i) All information given in the private council room forum is private. The only persons that can get information out are the Burgh Commissioner, Lord/Lady Protector, and the Spokesperson, or any other council member that receives authorization to do so by the Burgh Commissioner. Any councilor that violates this article will be charge with high treason against Galloway duchy and can be sentenced to death or exile.
ii) All information having to do with; Treaties, Army, Constabulary Forces, Security proposals, and any other information requested by a Council member will be in the Private Council room

D. Discussion Procedures
[amended Oct 1457]

i. Discussions in the County Council will be managed with an agenda organized by the Burgh Commissioner, Lord Protector,and/or Spokesperson for the county.
b. The Agenda will include sections titled: Current Discussions, Awaiting Discussion, Ongoing Discussion, Closed Discussions
c. Any member of Council can add a topic to the Awaiting Discussion list
d. The Burgh Commissioner organizes topics according to his/her own judgment.

ii. Discussions will be placed in the Agenda on a first come-first served basis, except in the following conditions:
a. The Duke or Lord Protector can move a topic up the list at their discretion
b. The Council can move a topic up the list with a petition signed by a minimum of four Council Members.

iii. All discussions should be started in the Public Chambers by the Duke, Lord Protector, Spokesperson, or the councilor requesting the discussion; except the following, which should be started in private chambers:
b. Any discussions sent to a member of the County Council privately
c. Any councilor can start a thread in the private chambers.
d. Discussions in the Private Chamber should not be included on the Public Agenda
e. Private discussions will be moved or summarized in the public forum after their conclusion.

iv. The Duke or Lord Protector can relocate threads to the private forums at their discretion or with a petition signed by four or more councilors.[end of amendment]

I. A. - Removed entire section as it's extraneous and is basically just explaining IG functions.

I.C.i. - Added that the Burgh Commissioner and Lord/Lady Protector and also release info to the public. I took out the penalties because I'm going to put a section about that in the Penal Code section.

I.C.ii. - Remove, should leave that up to the Burgh Commissioner and the Lord/Lady Protector. No need to specifically limit that function in the law.

I.D.i.b. - not necessary, let the Burgh Commissioner and Lord/Lady Protector decide how they want to organize the agenda.

I.D.ii - removed entire section. I'm going to add a little bit to I.D.i that says the Burgh Commissioner sets the agenda at their will.

I.D.iii.b. - This is what Pennsy did when she charged me with treason. I think that there are some issues that are mailed privately to CC members that should be discussed privately. In the end leave it up to the Duke/Duchess . . . but not necessary in the laws.

I.D.iii.d. - Think private discussions should be included on the public agenda.

I.D.iv - extraneous in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Fitz Dunbar

Fitz Dunbar

PostSubject: Re: Book 5 - The County Council   Book 5 - The County Council EmptySeptember 16th 2010, 08:23

Quote :
i) All information given in the private council room forum is private. The only persons that can get information out are the Burgh Commissioner, Lord/Lady Protector, and the Spokesperson, or any other council member that receives authorization to do so by the Burgh Commissioner. Any councilor that violates this article will be charge with high treason against Galloway duchy and can be sentenced to death or exile.

You need to organize this differently so that its in the Penal code. There is no use saying something will result in prosecution when its not in the Penal code and it is not specified whether the crime is a felony or not. If its a felony and you want exile and death to be an option then you just need to state for example, can be prosecuted by iv-x, or whatever it says like this in the Penal code.

You may also wish to check how this relates to forum to game laws and punishment. I believe its against the rules to prosecute someone for a forum related crime.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Book 5 - The County Council   Book 5 - The County Council EmptySeptember 18th 2010, 14:38

This is going to be knows as Book 4 from now on . . . since we're deleting the entirety of Book 4.

And yes Mercury, I have stated that in the Penal Code, but it's also good to state it here as well.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Book 5 - The County Council   Book 5 - The County Council EmptySeptember 18th 2010, 14:58

Quote :
II. Ministers of Council
A. The Burgh Commissioner (Also considered the Duke, and/or Count)
i) The Count protects the County and the Council of the county, appoints and revokes ministers that act in his name, and controls the rectification of the laws
ii) The Count is the leader of the County Council and is the highest authority of the County
iii) The Count is the only one able to give high justice.
iv) The Count's actions will always be for the protection of the people and the goods of the County
v) The Count's authority is irrevocable and it is assigned by the Council by a majority vote. He can resign at any moment of choosing
vi) The Count has the sole power to modify or remove a law from the law books of Galloway, after a council vote on the issue/law
vii) The Count can issue decrees that will be applicable as laws for a temporary period of time, after a council vote on the same issue. The decrees must be announced to mayors by the Spokesperson, and should be posted by each mayor in the Town Hall.
viii) It is the Count's responsibility to ensure dedication and effort from the ministers of council.
ix) The Count will publicize a weekly report, including County statistics, in the halls of government.

B. The Lord Protector
i) The Lord Protector is selected by the Count, and approved by a vote within Council at the beginning of each term
ii) The Lord Protector is the second highest authority of the County.
iii) In case the Count is ill and/or incapacitated of doing his duties, the Lord Protector temporarily obtains the Count's authority and duties until the Count is capable again to take back is duties and authority.

C. The Sheriff
i) The Sheriff manages the breeding of livestock, is in overall charge of administration of the mines, manages civil servants, and is in charge of issuing money grants from the County funds
ii) The Sheriff must inform the Count and council of the statistics of the county via reports as requested by the Count or Lord Protector
ii) The Sheriff will publicize a daily reports of the County statistics in the halls of government.

D. The Trade Minister
i) The Trade Minister is in charge of overall trade in the County. He controls the County Fair and the flow of goods in the county. productions of the County
ii) The Trade Minister must inform the Count and council of the statistics of the county via reports as requested by the Count or Lord Protector
ii) The Trade Minister will publicize a weekly report of County statistics, including, but not limited to: Net Worth, Cash Debt, and Inventory.

E. The Judge
i) The Judge is the enforcer of justice and the law in the County, under the Burgh Commissioner.
ii) The Judge must adhere to the Judge's Charter in the King's Edict, and know the Judge's Charter before taking on the role.
iii) The Judge will decide fairly on all trials, according to the Rights of the Citizens of Galloway and Scotland.
iv) Upon the giving of a guilty verdict, the Judge will acknowledge the accused their rights to appeal the case to the King.
v) The Judge will keep a record of trials and the decisions in the County Council for the Council as requested by the Count or Lord Protector
iv) The Judge will publicize a weekly report in the halls of government.

F. The Public Prosecutor
i) The Public Prosecutor is the servant of the people of Galloway, and the arm of the law.
ii) It is the Public Prosecutor's duty to bring to justice, the breaking of laws within the borders of the County.
iii) The Public Prosecutor is to prosecute to the best of their ability in the cases presented by the citizens.
iv) It is the Public Prosecutor's duty to ensure a case is breaking the law, before officially filing the charges.
iv) The Public Prosecutor will publicize a weekly report in the halls of government.

G. The Captain
i) The Captain leads the County army, under the Burgh Commissioner.
ii) The Captain may request funding for the County Army with approval from the Burgh Commissioner to the Sergeant

H. The Sergeant
i) The Sergeant is in charge of the finances of the military and Constable forces
ii) The Sergeant acts as the second in command of the County Army
iii) The Sergeant can allocate, or revoke the money allocated, to the Constable instantaneously and is always aware of the balance of the Constable's funds
iv) The Sergeant will publicize a weekly report in the halls of government.

I. The Constable
i) The Constable organizes the defense of the towns by recruiting Chief Marshals.
ii) The recruitment of the Chief Marshals is made in a confidential way, directly with the person concerned
iii) The Constable determines the amount of the wages, and pays them out; This payment will be made only once, at any time that the Constable chooses.
iv) The Constable will determine the number and stats of the needed Marshals; Hired out directly by the Chief Marshals.
v) The Constable forces, act as the police force of the county, and can apprehend possible criminals to be charged

i) The Mine Superintendent is in charge of reporting the statistics of the mines, at the time of them being most full (Right before reset)
ii) The Mine Superintendent, under the Sheriff, can maintain and provide the upkeep of the mines in the County
iii) The Mine Superintendent must inform the Count and council of the statistics of the mines via daily reporting.

K. The Spokesperson
i) The Spokesperson is the primary public voice of the Council. He announces the decisions of the Burgh Commissioner and the Council to the populous of the County.
ii) The Spokesperson is required to make a Council report every week in the Galloway Inn. The report will include all other Councilors reports, as well as voting outcomes, the public agenda and any other reports he may choose to include.
iii) The Spokesperson is the only one able to speak about Council matters, under the Burgh Commissioner and Lord Protector
iv) It is the Spokesperson's duty to be a representative from the Count, to the King and Administrators of the King on the tasks of Announcing prestige boosts and changes to the laws

L. The Rector
i) The Rector is appointed by the Duke from a slate of three (3) nominees put forward by the students of the University. The Rector derives his or her power over education matters from the Burgh Commissioner's authority.
ii) The Rector's power is the extension of the Duke's power. The Rector acts as the education arm of the Burgh Commissioner. The Rector shall work with the Council but is not subject to the Council.
iii) The Rector shall be responsible for the education of the Burgh Commissioner's subjects, insuring the smooth running operations of the University; maintaining and updating education resource materials and maintaining academic neutrality. S/He has the right to select instructors and create class schedules. They shall insure that all Ways and Instructors have equal access to learning and employment. They shall make public the standards and expectations for employment. They shall post publicly the methodology by which classes and instructors are chosen. They have the right to remove instructors for cause.
iv) The Rector shall publicly report to the Burgh Commissioner on the 1st of each month, a formal State of The University report.
v) The State of the University report shall include but not be limited to the listing of number and type of Seminars, number and type of visiting instructors, acquisitions of new books and any other relevant information.
vi) The Rector can be removed for cause if they fail to insure that the education needs of the county are not met. They have the right to a public hearing the charges, the right to submit evidence in their defense, the right to call witnesses to defend their academic credibility.
vii) Candidates for Rector shall publish their Curriculum Vitae in the University Forum, along with a statement about why they want to be Rector and their goals for the University. The current Rector may submit themselves as a candidate to continue their duties. Use of their position to intimidate, bribe or other wise influence the selection process shall be grounds for removal. Students shall discuss and vote for their top three candidates for Rector. These names shall be submitted to the new duke no later than 12 days after the election of a new council.

Not many changes to the core of this. I think it's a lot of useless fluff. The IG mechanics dictate duties, there is no reason to have it in the law. But I'm also fine with keeping it just for the hell of it. We need to write in here other people .. . like Harbor Masters, Marshals, and Clan Reps.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Book 5 - The County Council   Book 5 - The County Council EmptySeptember 18th 2010, 15:15

Took a stab at making some of these . . . give me some feedback.

Quote :
M. The Chancellor
i) The Chancellor is selected by the Burgh Commissioner from a list of interested candidates, every 120 days.
ii). The Chancellor can only be removed by a motion of distrust brought forth by a member of Council. This motion must be supported by solid evidence and voted upon by Council.
iii) The Chancellor has the power to negotiate treaties, sole power to appoint and revoke ambassadors, and represent Galloway in all diplomatic matters.
iv). The Chancellor is required to make monthly reports to the Burgh Commissioner in regards to the status of the Embassy.

Quote :
N. Harbor Masters
i) Harbor Masters are appointed by the Mines Superintendent, with the approval of the Burgh Commissioner. The Mayor of the town in which the Harbor Master is being selected can present up to three (3) candidates to the Mines Super for consideration.
ii). Harbor Masters found not to be performing the function of their office dutifully can be removed at will by the Mines Superintendent or Burgh Commissioner.
iii). The Harbor Master is responsible for overseeing the county's ports. Including: Managing ships entering the harbor, arranging for repairs, and overseeing port upgrades.
iv) The Harbor Master is required to submit a weekly summary of activities to the Burgh Commissioner.

Quote :
O. Clan Representatives
i) Each Clan that submits a roster, proving ten (10) or more of their kin live in Galloway are entitled to a representative on County Council.
ii). Clan Representatives have full access and rights to participate in both private and public discussions in Council.
iii). Clan Representatives are not, however, entitled to a vote on Council issues.
iv) A Clan Representative can be removed from Council Chambers if there is clear evidence that they are being disruptive to the running of the County. Clans can then submit a new individual to fill the vacated spot.
Back to top Go down
Alistair243

PostSubject: Re: Book 5 - The County Council   Book 5 - The County Council EmptySeptember 20th 2010, 17:21

Yarp
Back to top Go down
Fitz Dunbar

Fitz Dunbar

PostSubject: Re: Book 5 - The County Council   Book 5 - The County Council EmptySeptember 21st 2010, 11:29

Lance wrote:
Took a stab at making some of these . . . give me some feedback.

Quote :
M. The Chancellor
i) The Chancellor is selected by the Burgh Commissioner from a list of interested candidates, every 120 days.
No, this is wrong. The Embassy charter says that the Duke submits 3 candidates/interested people of their own choice to be voted upon by the entire Council.
ii). The Chancellor can only be removed by a motion of distrust brought forth by a member of Council. This motion must be supported by solid evidence and voted upon by Council.
iii) The Chancellor has the power to negotiate treaties, sole power to appoint and revoke ambassadors, and represent Galloway in all diplomatic matters.
Perhaps statement iii, above, could be changed so say something along the lines of, The Chancellor may run the Embassy in accordance with the Charter of the Galloway Embassy. I just think, and I haven't checked the above statements with the Charter, but I think that its best to leave this section as simple as possible, otherwise you will have two law books about the same thing, which will only cause conflict.
iv). The Chancellor is required to make monthly reports to the Burgh Commissioner in regards to the status of the Embassy.
Perhaps, well, I don't necessarily agree with the reports being made to the Duke. I think its better to state that the Chancellor will publicize a monthly report in the Halls of Government. Give them access to the Public Halls of Government and allow them to post in their own reports topic, at least. This way the report can be included in the weekly Spokesperson's report. It could be added as a requirement in the Spokesperson section, in the report line, that the Chancellor's report must be included, or it could be left under the "any other reports he may choose to include" section. That is my opinion any way.

Quote :
N. Harbor Masters
i) Harbor Masters are appointed by the Mines Superintendent, with the approval of the Burgh Commissioner. The Mayor of the town in which the Harbor Master is being selected can present up to three (3) candidates to the Mines Super for consideration.
ii). Harbor Masters found not to be performing the function of their office dutifully can be removed at will by the Mines Superintendent or Burgh Commissioner.
iii). The Harbor Master is responsible for overseeing the county's ports. Including: Managing ships entering the harbor, arranging for repairs, and overseeing port upgrades.
iv) The Harbor Master is required to submit a weekly summary of activities to the Burgh Commissioner.
Perhaps this should be, as is the present situation I believe, reports to be made to the Security Council.

Quote :
O. Clan Representatives
i) Each Clan that submits a roster, proving ten (10) or more of their kin live in Galloway are entitled to a representative on County Council.
Just a grammatical note. You mean Living, not live.
ii). Clan Representatives have full access and rights to participate in both private and public discussions in Council.
iii). Clan Representatives are not, however, entitled to a vote on Council issues.
iv) A Clan Representative can be removed from Council Chambers if there is clear evidence that they are being disruptive to the running of the County. Clans can then submit a new individual to fill the vacated spot.
Yes, I like this section.

Quote :
ii) The Sheriff will publicize a daily reports of the County statistics in the halls of government.
Just another grammatical note. You mean report, not reports.

Quote :
iv) Upon the giving of a guilty verdict, the Judge will acknowledge the accused their rights to appeal the case to the King.
As above I believe that should be right not rights. Have you checked with the admins about this yet? Better make sure we do things their way.

Quote :
Could I suggest this be changed to, The Judge will keep a record of trials and verdicts in the Halls of Government.

Quote :
G. The Captain
i) The Captain leads the County army, under the Burgh Commissioner.
ii) The Captain may request funding for the County Army with approval from the Burgh Commissioner to the Sergeant
Could I suggest that the Army Charter is implemented here somehow.

Quote :
Could someone elaborate on this for me please. Never have I understood its use.

Quote :
I don't think a Spokesperson has ever done this. Neither do I think that the King would bother to read the notification if it were given. It seems a waste of law.

Back to top Go down
Alistair243

PostSubject: Re: Book 5 - The County Council   Book 5 - The County Council EmptySeptember 21st 2010, 17:31

The last bit about the spokesperson telling the king is because they have to modify some of them themselves, eg if we broker a peace treaty between two warring counties we get a prestige boost so the spokespersons job to tell the kings that. Seems simple enough to me
Back to top Go down
Fitz Dunbar

Fitz Dunbar

PostSubject: Re: Book 5 - The County Council   Book 5 - The County Council EmptySeptember 22nd 2010, 03:16

Alistair243 wrote:
The last bit about the spokesperson telling the king is because they have to modify some of them themselves, eg if we broker a peace treaty between two warring counties we get a prestige boost so the spokespersons job to tell the kings that. Seems simple enough to me
Thanks Alistair, I didn't know that. Are there any other ways that can give the County prestige through this, and where can this information be found?
Back to top Go down
Alistair243

PostSubject: Re: Book 5 - The County Council   Book 5 - The County Council EmptySeptember 26th 2010, 13:32

D. Events of the game

A number of developments can change prestige of Counties. Prestige bonuses/penalties can be entered manually by the admin, and it should therefore be presented to me by ingame mail or PM on the French forums (http://forum.lesroyaumes.com), written either in English or French. Only the spokespersons of counties are allowed to submit motions to me for prestige bonuses, clearly expressing the request, and providing a clear and explicit reason.

The list of events is given below for your information. It is neither exhaustive nor fully accurate. In general, the administrator will determine the amount of bonus/penalty, as well as the precise definition of the list of prestige events.

There are some subtleties here, so I will break them down and letter them as paragraphs. Paragraphs beyond a) can be skipped by those who are not responsible for the armed forces.

a) Forward-looking events

-- A strategic military victory gives +1.50 bonus to the winner. The loser loses 1.50.
-- A tactical military victory gives +0.50 bonus to the winner. The loser loses 0.50.
-- A notable diplomatic initiative can give +0.50.

b) The first principle

Typically, the allocation of bonuses and penalties in the study of an event or group of events depends only on the initial state and the final state. If the initial state and the final state are the same, then the prestige remains the same.

Corollary: The return to a previous military situation must lead to a return to the previous bonus / penalty.

c) Cases where the winner is not a County

Where the winner of a confrontation is not an army linked to a County, the bonus doesn’t not apply to the winning County but the penalty will apply to the losing County.

Example: If Provence finances a free army that manages to capture a city from Languedoc without fighting, we consider that this is a strategy to defeat Languedoc. Thus Languedoc will lose 1. 50 prestige, but Provence will not gain any prestige.

d) Case where the loser is not a County

As is the case for the rule c), where the defeat is suffered by an army not tied to a County, no bonus or penalty is applied, unless we can determine by other external means that the defeated army was trying to act on the behalf of a county. In this case, bonuses (for the winner) and penalties (for the County behind the defeated army) apply, with a coefficient that varies between 0 and 1 following the relevance and clarity of the evidence concerning the defeated County. In order to establish these facts, the spokesperson for the County requesting the bonus can make use of all means possible.

Example: Provence finances a free army to destabilize Languedoc. If these forces are defeated and we consider that this is a tactical victory, then it is possible for the spokesperson of Languedoc to request for a bonus of up to 0.50 (and thus to inflict a maximum penalty of 0.50 on Provence). The decision is left to the administrator who may, for example, give a bonus of 0.25 for Languedoc and a penalty of 0.25 for Provence.

e) Priority of rules

It is to be noted that the rule b) has greater priority than the rules c) and d)

Example: Let's see again the example where Provence pays free armies who manage to capture a city of Languedoc without fighting, giving a penalty of 1,50 for Languedoc without any positive effect for Provence.

After that capture, if an army of Provence takes that city captured by the free army without fighting, then according to rule c), Provence will gain 1,50 and Languedoc will lose nothing more. Indeed, the initial and the final situations are the same as in the case where Provence would have taken the city from Languedoc without using a free army.

f) The dead , the wounded, the injuries as well as the horror caused by the defeat in battle of either can be taken into account when determining the prestige.

g) Explanation of diplomatic events.

Example: The holding of a "peace conference" in Touraine in the context of a war between the Royal Army and Bretagne can give up to +0.50 to Touraine.

Note: The award of such a bonus in return leads to a penalty -0.50 attributed to all other counties in Europe. This penalty is evenly distributed. In case of a problem with the even distribution of points, hundredths of a point of residual penalty is given to the most prestigious Counties, and then, if still unresolved, for the oldest counties created.

h) This bonus (or penalty) is valid for 60 days from its award.

E. Events that have automatic negative prestige:

These events are the only ones (apart from some particular case of Part II Section D.) not having a positive return on prestige.

Capital occupied by a foreign army: -2.00 prestige for the duration of the occupation + 60 days after the withdrawal of the army (not cumulative: if someone has occupied the capital a second place, the first occupation only counts)
Revolt in a village: -0.20 prestige for 30 days (cumulative)
Revolt in the capital: -1.00 prestige for 30 days (non-cumulative)
Cessation of payment of wages: -10.00 for 60 days
Back to top Go down
Alistair243

PostSubject: Re: Book 5 - The County Council   Book 5 - The County Council EmptySeptember 26th 2010, 13:32

Just bolded the bit i was talking about and you can find it in the library of the Kingdoms.

http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=994570&sid=wv2EbfEocX2LY2dZqaLYYpL77
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Book 5 - The County Council   Book 5 - The County Council EmptySeptember 27th 2010, 18:50

This section is kind of huge, but I implemented the suggestions as best I could. We'll use this moving forward.

Quote :
Book 4 - The County Council

I. Council Procedure
A. Voting in the County Council
-b) All votes will be started by the Count or Lord/Lady Protector.
-d) The Count will not vote until the last day of the poll, in case the Count's vote is needed as a tiebreaker.

ii)Emergency Votes

iii) Quorum

iv) Reporting votes
- The vote and result
- Councilor's Name
- Councilor's Vote

B. Council Security
i) All information given in the private council room forum is private. The only persons that can get information out are the Burgh Commissioner, Lord/Lady Protector, and the Spokesperson, or any other council member that receives authorization to do so by the Burgh Commissioner. Any councilor that violates this article will be charge with high treason against Galloway.

C. Discussion Procedures
i. Discussions in the County Council will be managed with an agenda organized by the Count, Lord Protector,and/or Spokesperson for the county.
b. Any member of Council can add a topic to the Awaiting Discussion list
c. The Count organizes topics according to his/her own judgment.

ii. All discussions should be started in the Public Chambers by the Count, Lord Protector, Spokesperson, or the councilor requesting the discussion; except the following, which should be started in private chambers:
b. Any councilor can start a thread in the private chambers.
c. Private discussions will be moved or summarized in the public forum after their conclusion.

II. Ministers of Council
A. The Count (Also considered the Duke)
iii) The Count is the only one able to give high justice.
v) The Count's authority is irrevocable and it is assigned by the Council by a majority vote.
vii) The Count can issue decrees that will be applicable as laws for a temporary period of time. The decrees must be announced to Mayors by the Spokesperson, and should be posted by each mayor in the Town Hall.
viii) It is the Count's responsibility to ensure dedication and effort from the ministers of council.

B. The Lord Protector
i) The Lord Protector is selected by the Count.
ii) The Lord Protector is the second highest authority of the County.
iii) In case the Count is ill and/or incapacitated of doing his duties, the Lord Protector temporarily obtains the Count's authority and duties until the Count is capable again to take back is duties and authority.

C. The Sheriff
i) The Sheriff manages the breeding of livestock, is in overall charge of administration of the mines, manages civil servants, and is in charge of issuing money grants from the County funds
ii) The Sheriff will publicize a daily report of the County statistics in the halls of government.

D. The Trade Minister
i) The Trade Minister is in charge of overall trade in the County. He controls the County Fair and the flow of goods in the county.
ii) The Trade Minister will publicize a weekly report of County statistics, including, but not limited to: Net Worth, Cash Debt, and Inventor

E. The Judge
i) The Judge is the enforcer of justice and the law in the County, under the Count.
ii) The Judge must adhere to the Judge's Charter in the King's Edict, and know the Judge's Charter before taking on the role.
iii) The Judge will decide fairly on all trials, according to the Rights of the Citizens of Galloway and Scotland.
iv) Upon the giving of a guilty verdict, the Judge will acknowledge the accused their right to appeal the case to the King or the King's Men.
v) The Judge will keep a record of trials and verdicts in the Halls of Government.
vi) The Judge will publicize a weekly report in the halls of government.

F. The Public Prosecutor
i) The Public Prosecutor is the servant of the people of Galloway, and the arm of the law.
ii) It is the Public Prosecutor's duty to bring to justice, the breaking of laws within the borders of the County.
iii) The Public Prosecutor is to prosecute to the best of their ability in the cases presented by the citizens.
iv) It is the Public Prosecutor's duty to ensure a case is breaking the law, before officially filing the charges.
v) The Public Prosecutor will publicize a weekly report in the halls of government.

G. The Captain
i) The Captain leads the County army, in accordance with the Galloway Army Charter.
ii) The Captain may request funding for the County Army with approval from the Count to the Sergeant

H. The Sergeant
ii) The Sergeant can allocate, or revoke the money allocated, to the Constable instantaneously and is always aware of the balance of the Constable's funds
iii) The Sergeant will publicize a weekly report in the halls of government.

I. The Constable
i) The Constable organizes the defense of the towns by recruiting Chief Marshals.
iii) The Constable determines the amount of the wages, and pays them out; This payment will be made only once, at any time that the Constable chooses.
iv) The Constable will determine the number and stats of the needed Marshals; Hired out directly by the Chief Marshals.

iii) The Mine Superintendent must inform the Count and council of the statistics of the mines via daily reporting.

K. The Spokesperson
i) The Spokesperson is the primary public voice of the Council. He announces the decisions of the Count and the Council to the populous of the County.
iii) The Spokesperson is the only one able to speak about Council matters, under the Count] and Lord Protector

L. The Rector
i) The Rector is appointed by the Duke from a slate of three (3) nominees put forward by the students of the University. The Rector derives his or her power over education matters from the Count's authority.
ii) The Rector's power is the extension of the Count's power. The Rector acts as the education arm of the Count. The Rector shall work with the Council but is not subject to the Council.
iii) The Rector shall be responsible for the education of the Count's subjects, insuring the smooth running operations of the University; maintaining and updating education resource materials and maintaining academic neutrality. The Rector has the right to select instructors and create class schedules. They shall insure that all Ways and Instructors have equal access to learning and employment. They shall make public the standards and expectations for employment. They shall post publicly the methodology by which classes and instructors are chosen. They have the right to remove instructors for cause.
iv) The Rector shall publicly report to the Burgh Commissioner, monthly, a formal State of The University report.

M. The Chancellor
i) The Chancellor is selected by a vote in Council, between three (3) candidates brought forward by the Count.
iii) The Chancellor runs the Embassy in accordance with the Embassy Charter.
iv). The Chancellor is required to make monthly reports in the halls of goverment in regards to the status of the Embassy.

N. Harbor Masters
iv) The Harbor Master is required to submit a weekly summary of activities in the Security Chambers.

O. Clan Representatives
i) Each Clan that submits a roster, proving ten (10) or more of their kin lives in Galloway are entitled to a representative on County Council.
Just a grammatical note. You mean Living, not live.
Back to top Go down
Ceana

Ceana

PostSubject: Re: Book 5 - The County Council   Book 5 - The County Council EmptyOctober 1st 2010, 12:15

Just kinda skimmed this for now.. I agree that anything that is taken place in 'Private' Shouldn't be being announced in the public Agenda. I think that it can be listed on the 'Private' Agenda.

I am sure I will have more for this.. LOL but.. I am law booked out for the moment..
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Book 5 - The County Council   Book 5 - The County Council EmptyOctober 2nd 2010, 23:59

This section didn't really change much. Only think people might contest is Clan representation, but it's something I feel strong about. If everyone else on our list doesn't though, no biggie Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book 5 - The County Council   Book 5 - The County Council Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1