Lance Dunbar Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Book 4 - The County

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lance
Admin
Lance

Book 4 - The County Empty
PostSubject: Book 4 - The County   Book 4 - The County EmptySeptember 14th 2010, 23:18

Quote :
Book 4 - The County

I. Groups, Guilds, and Armies

A. Groups and Guilds
i) Groups and guilds within Galloway can ask the County Council for recognition and obtain privileges and rights for their members. A decree by the Count sanctions this recognition and defines their right and duty to the County
ii) Any commercial group can be recognized by the County Council after the Trade Minister studies their case for recognition

B. The County Army
i) The County Army is run by the Captain and the Sergeant under the Count and the Council
ii) The County Army is the arm of the county
iii) All armies must comply with the rules set forth in the Constitution. (Amendment #2 August 30th, 1457)

Back to top Go down
https://lancedunbararchive.forumotion.com
Fitz Dunbar

Fitz Dunbar

PostSubject: Re: Book 4 - The County   Book 4 - The County EmptySeptember 15th 2010, 11:42

Quote :
Book 4 - The County

I. Groups, Guilds, and Armies

A. Groups and Guilds
i) Groups and guilds within Galloway can ask the County Council for recognition and obtain privileges and rights for their members. A decree by the Count sanctions this recognition and defines their right and duty to the County
ii) Any commercial group can be recognized by the County Council after the Trade Minister studies their case for recognition

B. The County Army
i) The County Army is run by the Captain and the Sergeant under the Count and the Council
ii) The County Army is the arm of the county
iii) All armies must comply with the rules set forth in the Constitution. (Amendment #2 August 30th, 1457)

I think the whole section in cyan should be removed as its not....purposeful....Its just stupid and pointless. If the Council wants to enter into agreements with groups, or these so called "guilds" than the Council will just make a treaty. Its always done like that.

The part in red needs removing. Simple.

The whole County army bit is even questionable as to whether or not it should be removed. It is outlined under the Duke's section in the law books that they are the highest authority in the County, hence it is pointless to say that the army is under the Count and the Council. The same thing applies for the other positions mentioned; It is specified under their positions what they are supposed to do, and if there is anything that is missing, then it just needs to be added, rather than having this stupid paragraph. I once again point to the fact that we have a working army charter which could be implemented here somehow.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Book 4 - The County   Book 4 - The County EmptySeptember 15th 2010, 21:38

Yeah this whole section is kind of dumb. I think it should all be removed. We don't need to stop people from forming organizations . . . can't really enforce it anyway. While people don't per say have a "right" to be a member of any organization, they are still able to start any organization they want.

As for the county army . . . well, the Army charter needs to be implemented instead of having this section into the laws. I think the whole County Army thing needs to be revisited as well . . . but I'll save that for when I'm done with the laws.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Book 4 - The County   Book 4 - The County EmptySeptember 26th 2010, 17:13

Still poking some people to get in here . . . but is everyone cool with striking this whole section for now?
Back to top Go down
Flaithbheartach

Flaithbheartach

PostSubject: Re: Book 4 - The County   Book 4 - The County EmptyOctober 2nd 2010, 06:26

No I say keep that section. The Novantae Company has applied for official recognition, that's just one example of it's use. Treaties are diplomatic, if a group makes a diplomatic treaty with a government it is technically de facto recognition by that government of that group as a sovereign entity. In the future I predict more groups and guilds seeking official recognition as well.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Book 4 - The County   Book 4 - The County EmptyOctober 3rd 2010, 00:04

If anything, I would still get rid of this section. Maybe add a line under the Count's duties in Book V (now the new book IV) saying he has the power to approve guilds and so forth. Put it in the write section, instead of having a completely different section just for that.
Back to top Go down
Flaithbheartach

Flaithbheartach

PostSubject: Re: Book 4 - The County   Book 4 - The County EmptyOctober 3rd 2010, 05:46

Makes sense, but it HAS to be somewhere - even though it's feasible without it being in the law, there will always be obstacles in the form of bureaucrats.
Back to top Go down
Fitz Dunbar

Fitz Dunbar

PostSubject: Re: Book 4 - The County   Book 4 - The County EmptyOctober 3rd 2010, 07:16

I just think that organizations should be able to deal with the Council on a case by case basis. I would agree with removing this section and placing it under the Count's duties, if it would please people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book 4 - The County   Book 4 - The County Empty

Back to top Go down

Book 4 - The County
Page 1 of 1