Lance Dunbar Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

4. Pass Labor Regulations

Go down 
+2
Sullihan
Lance
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lance
Admin
Lance

4. Pass Labor Regulations Empty
PostSubject: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 14th 2010, 22:42

This is a two part program:

1. Make starting a cow field illegal and the production of milk illegal. If affordable we should help people change their cow fields to something else. It is killing the fish market and you can get meat from pigs too.

2. Mandate that all field jobs need to be hired for at least 20.00 and hired for max stats. This will provide a good wage and will also force those without high stats to work in the mines.
Back to top Go down
https://lancedunbararchive.forumotion.com
Sullihan

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 20th 2010, 22:31

If you're going to make cow fields illegal then we first must make 100% sure we have at least two or three traders in each town who are willing to drop everything and run fish from Whit to Wig or Kirk to Dumfries at a moments notice or we'll create shortages. Also make it a county law that fields must hire at max stat, pending prosecution.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 21st 2010, 13:01

That's pretty much the whole point of getting rid of cow fields, to encourage that trade you were talking about. I want at least 1 active county trader in each town. Beyond that we can have a few willing to run day trips to Wigtown/Dumfries to resupply them with fish and bring wood back with them.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 29th 2010, 19:22

Labor Regulations

We will be implementing two labor initiatives. First, the county will no longer be breeding cows. While it is still the citizen's right to purchase cow fields, let it be known there will no longer be a supply of cows for them to buy. We will also be doing what we can to provide assistance to cow farmers that wish to switch fields. I know this has recently been discussed in the Galloway Inn and the only justification for keeping cow fields was so people could have free choice. Other then that cow fields make no sense in the greater economic context. It is small sacrifices that the citizens of Galloway are going to need to make if you are serious about combating this debt. Flat out, we don't need milk and HW in Galloway. Getting rid of those two items increases demand for fish (a commodity that encourages inter-town and inter-county trade) and HHW, giving our pig farmers more work. We need to stimulate more productive trade both within the county and with other counties, increasing demand for fish is a good way to do that.

Secondly we will be passing laws regarding job hiring. From now all, the county minimum wage will be 20.00 and ALL jobs must be posted for maximum stats. First, the high minimum wage is to hopefully cut down on the number of fields being hired out daily. This will help combat overproduction and also force more people to work the mines, instead of taking field jobs. It also gives skilled field workers 20.00 wage, leading to a more prosperous county. Hiring for maximum stats also encourages our low level citizens to work in the mines instead of taking jobs with 0 stats. Once again I would hope the citizens see the logic in this proposal and the Mayors urge their citizens to cooperate. Notice of a week will be given for the Mayors to let all of their citizens know of the changes and from then on out, if it comes to it, we will press charges against individuals breaking the regulations.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 29th 2010, 19:25

Also was thinking . . . can anyone come up with a good incentive program for people to just flat out destroy their fields? Maybe large tax breaks or something. Just cutting the number of fields in Galloway will fix over-production.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 29th 2010, 21:09

We could use the beginning taxes to give them flat out 100 pounds, given how long many fields sit for sale before they actually sell I know I'd take it. Better than nothing, and we can be sure they don't go out and buy another field with it. Look at it as a 100 pound investment into Galloway's future Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 29th 2010, 22:01

I like that plan too, giving people 100.00 to delete their fields. If no one else has a problem, I'll write that in to this section of the platform.
Back to top Go down
Alistair243

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 13:07

Were not removing cow field but we will tell people their useless but give them the option to, in the end they lose out but if they want to thats their prerogative.

As for wages all fields will be 20 pounds hiring and must be stats, all price caps will be based off this so we will give reasons for this in public and make it a prosecutable offence. Mines will be what they currently are or a bit lower, workshops will have a wage of 25 but thats regulated by the selling and buying price of their goods and raw materials.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 14:22

I don't like lowering the wages of the mines at all, especially when we are "forcing" all no/low stats to work there through mandatory max stat field jobs. We can't pile on too much at one time...first we need to look at how the mine attendance numbers are affected by the mandatory max stat field jobs, then we access whether cutting numbers based on the gold mine is feasible without putting too many people on the curve, and after that we can look into if the prices of vital items on market allow for wage cuts...it has to be a slow drawn out process to be successful.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 14:27

Well, I don't mind keeping mines wages where they are. And yes, this is a long term plan. Some of these initiatives will have immediate effects, others will take time to show fruition. We need a lot of communication with the citizens both from CC and the Mayors for this to work. Also we have a large group going to Drummore to work the goldmine, coinciding with the start of our term. I don't see that we'll have to cut mine attendance drastically for the first couple weeks anyway. That will give us some time to implement the other stuff.

And honestly, it might just me being sick of citizens not picking up some of the slack but honestly the 40-50 people in the county that read the forums know that we've needed people in the goldmine for 3+ years. They are well aware of the situation, no reason at least half of them can't be making a dedicated effort to get there. I'm not above forcing people on this issue . . . the other economic initiatives, I'm a little lax on, because they will be new to people. The goldmine attendance though, that's something that has been an issue forever and that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Ceana

Ceana

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 15:26

Quote :

This is a two part program:

1. Make starting a cow field illegal and the production of milk illegal. If affordable we should help people change their cow fields to something else. It is killing the fish market and you can get meat from pigs too.

2. Mandate that all field jobs need to be hired for at least 20.00 and hired for max stats. This will provide a good wage and will also force those without high stats to work in the mines.

Firstly, I think that cows should be allowed in towns that do not have access to fishing.

Second point, No. I don't agree. This will force people to start working their own fields which does nothing to help the economy. I do agree with lowering the wages of the iron and stone mines to 15 ish. No more than 16.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 15:34

Quote :
Second point, No. I don't agree. This will force people to start working their own fields which does nothing to help the economy.

Quite possible if the mayors don't give the non-forum users the heads up on the new economic "workings" we plan on putting into effect. But if the mayors re-communicate to them that even with only hiring 20 pound max jobs, based on the new price floors we are going to put in action they will still make the same if not more money per harvest it should work out. But we have to get the markets under control before we enact the wage laws.
Back to top Go down
Ceana

Ceana

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 15:37

Not what I mean.. People will see it as a way to save money and work their own fields.. rather than help the guy next door to work. But yeah, market is something that we need to look into.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 15:41

Well with a no/low stat person this would make sense as they can only make the wage of the mine per day(and honestly this isn't so horrible with overproduction of must field items)...but any other person with at least 19 of the stat required would just work another 20 pound field job, or their 25 pound wage profession.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 15:43

Ceana wrote:
Not what I mean.. People will see it as a way to save money and work their own fields.. rather than help the guy next door to work. But yeah, market is something that we need to look into.

Keep in mind people still need to hire out field to get RP points. I made the mistake of working my own field for a year plus and look where that's gotten me on my way to level 3 Razz.
Back to top Go down
Ceana

Ceana

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 16:06

Yeah, but you can also work in the church for it too.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 16:15

Well yes that's one way, but I think hiring out your fields and taking a mine job you still make more money then the 5.00 from the church.
Back to top Go down
Ceana

Ceana

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 16:22

My point is I have used this method of leveling. Wink And it doesn't hurt anyone by any means. I don't see where forcing a 20 wage will make things better. I don't feel that it will. People are cheap. lol
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 16:29

You're exactly right Very Happy.

People are cheap and people suck. There are maybe 20 of us in Galloway that give a damn about the county's well being. 20 of us that spend hours working to better this county. Maybe I've grown pessimistic in my time on CC and serving the county. We know what needs to be done to get us out of debt and give our citizens a good wage in the process. I would hope people would get on board with this and do this out of goodwill and see the benefits, but we all know that historically doesn't work. I personally am willing to be a little more edgy and brutal, by enforcing labor regulations and cutting mine workers and so forth. I am hoping that in time this will all just be second nature for people. That production gets under control, we cut down on field owners, and everyone makes a decent wage, with cheap enough goods to export. Maybe a hopeless dream, but I've tried the same old, need to do something new Very Happy.

That's my angry rant for the day Razz
Back to top Go down
Alistair243

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 17:29

Lance wrote:
Ceana wrote:

Keep in mind people still need to hire out field to get RP points. I made the mistake of working my own field for a year plus and look where that's gotten me on my way to level 3 Razz.

It wont actually make them any more money ceana, since all field jobs are standard wage and goods same wage too working your own field would just be like getting 20 pounds but no rp point. Its all about communicating it to the people. And Sulli it wouldnt be straight away but in france its 15 here we have 15.5, it may be worth looking into wether that 50 pence is worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 21:32

Believe me Launce, I'm all with you...give me free reign at PP and I'll put the fear of Jah in those that don't want to play along Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ceana

Ceana

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptyOctober 1st 2010, 12:02

I know that it wont make them any more.. That wasn't my aim at all. Freedom of a working relationship should be up to the workers and the employers. Not our government.

But after reading the proposed law changes this will have.. I don't like this at all, even more than I did before. I agree that If I am asking for full stats employee that I should pay £18 or up.. but this really is not a road I would like to see a council take.

Forcing people to pay certain prices for wages is not freedom to me. It is dictatorship. I agree with there being a slavery law, Anything under the minimum wage of the lowest paying mine, but charging someone with a crime for not paying £20 to work your field? Way wrong.

Think about this seriously boys. Look at how much more problems this will cause than good. How many points are the towns going to need to press charges... You put this in place, you may as well invite claims of Tyranny before you begin. Not only that, we are trying to get people active. I am not so sure I would remain where laws like this were in place. This is even more nuts than some of the stupid laws England has.

Back to top Go down
Alistair243

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptyOctober 1st 2010, 12:39

Ceana we will be public about our desires. If the public agree they will vote us in then we will implement them. People always talk about increasing the cost of goods to make it better but were just increasing the wages for fields instead of the goods, its evens out the wages fairly while giving level 2's an advantage in making money as it should be. We can continue to live this life and benifit a few and the cheap, or make it fair for all, some of us spend our lives trying to make it better for others and suffer because of it which is not fair.

France is a prosperous country, there the county buys all the citizens goods at a set price (eg you make bread you have to sell it to the TH at x price. Their mine wages also never go above 15.5 which is their highest 15 is standard.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptyOctober 1st 2010, 12:59

Ceana what has years of hands off councils gotten us? A huge and growing debt, overproduction, and competition in prices of goods that have driven wages down to the cellar...It may be seen as tyrannical by some, but the county and its population needs a kick in the bum and this is just that.
Back to top Go down
Ceana

Ceana

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations EmptyOctober 1st 2010, 16:58

Very Happy

Well I have given my reasons here. If I end up on council I will be dead against this. Wink And Lance knows I will be vocal. Wink I don't live in France, I live in Scotland.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4. Pass Labor Regulations   4. Pass Labor Regulations Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lance Dunbar Archive :: RK Research :: Economic Initiatives-
Jump to: