Lance Dunbar Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

7. Lowering Mine Attendance

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lance
Admin
Lance

7. Lowering Mine Attendance Empty
PostSubject: 7. Lowering Mine Attendance   7. Lowering Mine Attendance EmptySeptember 14th 2010, 22:44

(Pending attendance closer to our term)

If attendance is poor, I'm going to make a sliding chart. I am going to average the goldmine attendance of the previous week and have have the Sheriff lower workers in the stone/iron mine to where we are at least breaking even. We can't afford to dump resources into this.
Back to top Go down
https://lancedunbararchive.forumotion.com
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 7. Lowering Mine Attendance   7. Lowering Mine Attendance EmptySeptember 29th 2010, 20:15

Scaling Mine Attendance

We will effective immediately when we take office implement the following sliding scale for maximum mine workers in each mine.

Quote :
Goldmine/Stone-Iron Mines
21 35
22 36
23 38
24 40
25 41
26 43
27 45
28 46
29 48
30 50
31 51
32 53
33 55
34 56
35 58
36 60
37 61
38 63
39 65
40 66
41 68
41 69
42 70
43 71
44 73
45 75

Every Sunday the Trade Minister will take the mine attendance in the Drummore Goldmine for the previous 7 days and average it. Then based on the average number of workers in the Drummore Goldmine, he will request that the Sheriff limit the maximum amount of stone and iron workers as shown above. For example if the average goldmine workers for the previous week was 24, the stone and iron mine will have their attendance lowered to 40 workers. Something needs to be done about mine attendance and though we hate taking such extreme measures it is the only way to ensure that either more workers go to Drummore, or at least that the County can save some money on the other mines. The power is in your hands, you want the mines back home to get opened further, round up some people and get to the goldmine.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan

PostSubject: Re: 7. Lowering Mine Attendance   7. Lowering Mine Attendance EmptySeptember 29th 2010, 21:19

I looked at the mine numbers for the gold mine not too long ago and for I think a week in a row the attendance hovered around 10 people...how would that affect the spots open in the iron mines?
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 7. Lowering Mine Attendance   7. Lowering Mine Attendance EmptySeptember 29th 2010, 21:31

You can only lower stone/iron mines to 35 . . . so if goldmine attendance is lower then 21 . . . it'll just stay at 35.
Back to top Go down
Alistair243

PostSubject: Re: 7. Lowering Mine Attendance   7. Lowering Mine Attendance EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 13:24

No dont agree with this. For a start we want large mine workforce in all mines, they all make a small profit margin and if we trade prudently we can cash in big with them. Also we want to stock up reserves for later and for our allies, so even if we did this we would have to go over these limits. But all the mines make a small profit its not a good idea to reduce the workforce, i would rather have a big reserve or ores and a bigger debt than a medium debt and no ores.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 7. Lowering Mine Attendance   7. Lowering Mine Attendance EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 13:37

I see your point Alistair, but I honestly think this is best. Getting money from the stone/iron mine isn't immediate. We still get decent surpluses from even 35 workers in each mine, more then enough to export. Especially if we don't spend it all on prestige. This is a big part of getting out of debt, I would at least use this program for a week or two and if our iron/stone reserves aren't where they should be, then we can scrap it. I did this when I was last Duke though and it worked wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan

PostSubject: Re: 7. Lowering Mine Attendance   7. Lowering Mine Attendance EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 14:25

I can see Alistair's point...this has to be done slowly and looked into very carefully to ensure a happy medium of enough jobs for the no/low stat population and enough iron/stone is produced for maintenance and trade.
Back to top Go down
Ceana

Ceana

PostSubject: Re: 7. Lowering Mine Attendance   7. Lowering Mine Attendance EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 16:10

I am all for radically reducing the mines workers.. I wasn't before when it was done, and I think what was wanted was achieved.
Back to top Go down
Alistair243

PostSubject: Re: 7. Lowering Mine Attendance   7. Lowering Mine Attendance EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 17:15

Well we dont get many workers as it is and with our 20 pound wage for field i think we will get even less, so i dont think we will have to curtain the workforce much just get more people in the gold.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 7. Lowering Mine Attendance   7. Lowering Mine Attendance EmptyOctober 2nd 2010, 23:55

Alistair243 wrote:
Well we dont get many workers as it is and with our 20 pound wage for field i think we will get even less, so i dont think we will have to curtain the workforce much just get more people in the gold.

That's the thing, we don't want people hiring out a ton of fields daily. Figure out how much corn a town like Drummore needs in a 7 day period. Then organize production so only say 1 or 2 fields are getting hired out daily. Really in any town there is no need for the excess production from more then 2 of any given fields (corn, wheat, pigs, sheep, veggies) daily. So that's max only 10 field jobs that should be going up each day. That opens it up for more people taking mine jobs. These things all work together, the price regulations and labor laws are meant to impact mine attendance.
Back to top Go down
Hespera

PostSubject: Re: 7. Lowering Mine Attendance   7. Lowering Mine Attendance EmptyOctober 10th 2010, 02:11

This is something I am willing to see how it works.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 7. Lowering Mine Attendance   7. Lowering Mine Attendance EmptyOctober 10th 2010, 19:50

Oh it works . . . I did it the first time I was Duke and we were actually making progress on the debt Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7. Lowering Mine Attendance   7. Lowering Mine Attendance Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lance Dunbar Archive :: RK Research :: Economic Initiatives-
Jump to: