Lance Dunbar Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

6. Stop Paying Prestige

Go down 
+2
Sullihan
Lance
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lance
Admin
Lance

6. Stop Paying Prestige Empty
PostSubject: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptySeptember 14th 2010, 22:44

6. Stop Paying Prestige
(subject to change once I run figures.)

We only really need the prestige for one thing, defense. I am going to look into whether it's more cost effective to rent prestige from Glasgow for our armies. Right now we dump a lot of money into prestige and lose a ton of net worth. We need to drop prestige and hire point makers cheap, like 20.00. People will do that, out of wanting to make enough points to reach level 4.
Back to top Go down
https://lancedunbararchive.forumotion.com
Sullihan

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptySeptember 20th 2010, 22:26

If you're trying to implement a fair system of wages I would knock workshop wages down to 20 and place point providers at 25. I do like the idea of renting prestige though, but you have to be wary of Glasgow...I'm sure the current people dominating politics would at least be open to the idea but we must be prepared for that to change in an instant.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptySeptember 21st 2010, 12:59

Yes that's the only thing I worry about, though with a contract I'd trust Fury/Glasgow. Assuming we get a peace treaty with Fury in place next term (ran out of time when I was Duke) I don't see us fighting them anytime in the future. I don't think they'd pull the 5* prestige out from under us if we're fighting England for them either.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptySeptember 21st 2010, 18:31

Are we fighting England with them? I'd say a big key to implementing this system is keeping everything as peaceful as possible Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptySeptember 21st 2010, 18:52

Well that's not the goal, lol. Just saying there's not too many people we need to defend or fight . . . either Glasgow or England. If we're getting prestige and working on closer relations with them, England is really the only person to defend heavily against. Not actively seeking war though Razz.
Back to top Go down
Alistair243

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptySeptember 22nd 2010, 07:35

We dont have any plans to fight England, we need to keep peace to implement the new economy and to make money. I shouldnt worry to much with the change from Glasgow, Prestige is mostly beneficial in offence and even if we lost it from Glasgow they would not likely be able to attack us with their number of people. And its going to be a Fury dominated area for a while we just need to be on good terms with Fury and Glasgows hierarchy and we should be fine. That may mean leaving Ayr out in the cold but their refusing to combine with other counties and let scotland die and their general idiocy well im disinclined to stick our necks out for them.

Have spoken to a fury member and he says they would most likely be up for it, they see us as allies, their not interested in fighting us and would much rather woo us to their side, they may want wood instead of stone and iron as payment since they want to build ships. Wont contact their higher ups till closer to the time, the next council is looking to be a fury one.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptySeptember 29th 2010, 19:49

Dropping Prestige

Right now we waste approximately 2,500.00 in net worth every ten days by maintaining prestige. That is a lot of stone and iron going down the drain that we could use for export. We will instead be renting prestige for our armies from Glasgow, for a much lower rate of (Alistair contact them and insert number here). Therefore we will still have the much needed defense bonus for our armies. We are currently at peace with Glasgow via mutual treaty. We both have united goals in terms of defense. We both have English armies that want to invade Scotland and we both don't want them to advance any further into Scotland. While our goals are aligned this is a much cheaper option. It will increase the amount of point-makers we need to hire, but that's first off cheaper then the net worth we spend on prestige. Secondly it will provide jobs for those level 3 citizens looking to get points towards level 4.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptySeptember 29th 2010, 21:17

Quote :
It will increase the amount of point-makers we need to hire, but that's first off cheaper then the net worth we spend on prestige.

Will the cost of the extra point providers be low enough to actually save money on prestige? And won't it be a bit of a hassle to send each army we have up to Glasgow for prestige, especially in times of war? If all our armies are destroyed and we have to raise another we'd be SOL...
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptySeptember 29th 2010, 22:52

Why do you have to poke holes in everything I say Laughing?

If memory serves me right (I've never served as Sheriff with less then 4.5*). I think with 0* you have to hire a government point maker daily and maybe a finance point maker every other day. So in a 10 day period you're hiring 15 people. 15 people @ 20.00-25.00 would be 300.00-375.00 every 10 days. That's way lower then the 2,600.00 we spend on prestige. Also need to factor in whatever Glasgow would charge for prestige, but still.

As for defense that is kind of tricky. Was hoping we'd have some peace but never know the English intentions. I'll wait for more feedback on this . . .
Back to top Go down
Sullihan

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptySeptember 29th 2010, 23:18

Better me than an angry Topojo eh? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alistair243

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 12:47

We would preferably keep the prestige at 3 or medium range, pay something but not too much and as lance said point providers isnt that costly in comparison. We would have the army already with the prestige, hopefully 2 armies. Also means we can raise it faster.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 14:27

I like the idea of keeping a 3* prestige...it allows us to place bonuses on the armies we want while still cutting down on prestige costs(by how much?)
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 14:29

Off the top of my head it'd probably just cut the 2,600.00 we spend now in half . . . so 1,300.00 of net worth every 10 days, which is a little more manageable.
Back to top Go down
Ceana

Ceana

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 15:18

I have to agree we are spending a lot on prestige... The problem with this is that it is kinda nice to have it there... lol but not if we are not using it.

What is the process of getting it back up to 5 if we need to rely on it?
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 15:19

If we dropped it down to 3* . . . it's be at least 20 days or two prestige cycles to get it back up to 5*
Back to top Go down
Hespera

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptyOctober 10th 2010, 02:16

What happens when glasgow (or Fury) decide they need another punching bag? Could they not revoke prestige they sell to us? I'm not exactly sure how that works but I know I am very uncomfortable getting prestige from a county who's people utter threats more often they probably changes underwear.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptyOctober 10th 2010, 19:49

I apologize we keep changing things Razz

We won't be asking Glasgow for prestige. Instead we're going to lower ours to 3*. We can still get it back up to 5* within 20 days if we see war looming, but 3* still isn't bad for defense. It also saves us a ton of stone/iron.
Back to top Go down
Triquetra

Triquetra

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptyOctober 13th 2010, 06:14

If we are able to get it back up that quick it sounds like a good idea to me. And happy about buying trust from others is from the table.
If needed at a later date and instantly it might be required anyway? For instance lets say the english cross our borders, can we at that time get prestige from Glasgow or is there a timeframe on it to pass it towards us?
Back to top Go down
Alistair243

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige EmptyOctober 13th 2010, 06:19

You can only grant prestige to armies in your territory, so we would have to send our armies up to get prestige before hand, but that plan is unlikely now if we stick at 3 stars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6. Stop Paying Prestige   6. Stop Paying Prestige Empty

Back to top Go down

6. Stop Paying Prestige
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lance Dunbar Archive :: RK Research :: Economic Initiatives-
Jump to: