Lance Dunbar Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

5. Mayors

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lance
Admin
Lance

5. Mayors  Empty
PostSubject: 5. Mayors    5. Mayors  EmptySeptember 14th 2010, 22:43

5. Mayors

We need to pressure mayors to do their jobs properly. They are the key to the reconquista. We NEED them to organize production in their town, keep an active eye on the their market, and help implement these regulations.

Now, if a mayor is not active or is not willing to implement these ideas, we might want to think about having an army to depose them and put someone better suited in place. We can no longer sacrifice our counties welfare because of individual laziness.
Back to top Go down
https://lancedunbararchive.forumotion.com
Sullihan

5. Mayors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5. Mayors    5. Mayors  EmptySeptember 20th 2010, 22:22

If you're planning on a system along these lines, the first thing you need is an army that backs you...and next an extremely heavy armor against public "dissatisfaction" Laughing

You definitely need to have near constant communication between the mayors and the council...perhaps in the beginning stages openly give incentives to the mayors that play along such as giving them more goods at cheaper prices so they can pad their own town's coffers.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

5. Mayors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5. Mayors    5. Mayors  EmptySeptember 21st 2010, 12:53

That's a good idea Sullihan, giving incentives to mayors that cooperate. I don't see an issue with the majority of mayors in Galloway at this time. Jethro, Klovn, Death, and War should be good.

And yes a strong County army with a loyal general is going to be important. I don't know what Physax intends to do, if she'll be running with us or not, but I'd rather just keep her in Dumfries anyway. Wouldn't mind having a secondary army, we can call it a clan army if we really want.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan

5. Mayors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5. Mayors    5. Mayors  EmptySeptember 21st 2010, 13:12

Her being in Dumfries is a big problem which was only highlighted with the English army visiting recently...If she's in Dumfries walls and an English army shows up to take over the only people that could join would be from Dumfries. I say have her move to Kirk so we wouldn't have wait a week to raise a secondary army if England ever does attack.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

5. Mayors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5. Mayors    5. Mayors  EmptySeptember 26th 2010, 01:56

We can do that once we're in office. Are you just saying keep her in Kirk with no army in Dumfries? Just DTP people? I'm fine with that, just wanted to make sure I was understanding you correctly.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan

5. Mayors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5. Mayors    5. Mayors  EmptySeptember 26th 2010, 13:21

Exactly, I'd say keep the army in the mode to bring in platoons at all times so it can save a day if needed to move. If the army were to stay in Dumfries all an English army would have to do is enter blockade mode to keep us from reinforcing Physax's army, then it would take six-seven days to raise a new one to push it out of Scotland.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

5. Mayors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5. Mayors    5. Mayors  EmptySeptember 29th 2010, 19:39

Working With Mayors

Mayor is arguably the most important position in the realm. Both the towns and county as a whole live and die because of either good or bad Mayors. We will be working exceedingly closely with all the Mayors to implement our economic vision and to help them set up organized production in their towns. Council cannot change Galloway alone, we need the support of the Mayors and citizens at the town level for us to be healthy, economically.

We will also be holding Mayors accountable for their performance. Oaths of office are going to be implemented for Mayors, Harbormasters, All Embassy members, The Rector, Marshals, Generals, and anyone else either appointed by Council or in a public position that effects the County's well being. We must all be held to high standards of accountability and productivity. A bad mayor can severely hamper a town and the county, if a Mayor is not living up to the expectation of their office and not abiding by the laws, then they should be removed, just as a non-active Trade Minister would be removed. Laws will be made to hold Mayors and Council Members responsible for their actions, no longer can we abide Mayors that do not answer citizens for days on end, who do not manage their markets effectively, or who do not ensure what is best for their citizens.

Council will be both working closely to help Mayors better their towns, while at the same time ensuring that the Mayors are doing their jobs properly.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan

5. Mayors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5. Mayors    5. Mayors  EmptySeptember 29th 2010, 21:13

Looks good.
Back to top Go down
Dirty

Dirty

5. Mayors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5. Mayors    5. Mayors  EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 20:00

Hello All,

Long time since I have talked with many of you. I was in Dumfries and stopped in the tavern before leaving town today, there was sat that lad, Lance. After a hearty welcome and a pint we vaguely spoke of politics, and I ended up here.

I agree with the importance of mayors within the realms. I agree with mayors doing their jobs and doing them well. I dont agree with the talk of an army. Even as detramental as a mayor can be, it by no means justifies Scot on Scot civil war.

I would suggest hand picking each mayor. A plan that would take longer to execute however there would be no public disapproval, as the public would not know. Get a pool of prospects that are capable of doing the job and would be willing to move to other towns, if needed, with the sole purpose of becoming mayor. Once you have all the towns, keep your people in office, you have the county and you can bring your vision to fruition.

Back to top Go down
Sullihan

5. Mayors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5. Mayors    5. Mayors  EmptySeptember 30th 2010, 21:30

Well Dirty, if a mayor just takes a big shit on everything and refuses to work with the council and other mayors what would you have us do? Pat him on the head and tell him what a good boy he is? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Wallace

5. Mayors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5. Mayors    5. Mayors  EmptyOctober 5th 2010, 09:10

I like the idea of mayors being held accountable, we have a lot of responsibilites on a local level and each decision, ultimately, affects the county in some way.

Dirty, hand picking mayors seems a good idea for the CC, but I don't think you will find the citizens so receptive when they find out that their democracy is being replaced by a dictatorial county council.

I have just finished a mayoral election where I was up against Cecci, and we are both well cut out for the job, so we both did a lot of campaigning in the taverns, and it was the most fun I have had in a while, and the citizens enjoyed it too.

The people deserve a choice in who runs their town.
Back to top Go down
Hespera

5. Mayors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5. Mayors    5. Mayors  EmptyOctober 10th 2010, 02:02

I don't like the idea of hand picking mayors. People should be able to vote, but sure encourage mayors to do their jobs.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Admin
Lance

5. Mayors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5. Mayors    5. Mayors  EmptyOctober 10th 2010, 19:51

Yeah I don't want to necessarily hand select them. I just want to make sure the Mayors are willing to work with Council. For the most part all current Mayors are good about it. Giving them some access to CC, will probably improve their attitude towards us as well. Just want to ensure people are doing their jobs, Mayors are more important to the County's economic well being then CC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

5. Mayors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5. Mayors    5. Mayors  Empty

Back to top Go down

5. Mayors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lance Dunbar Archive :: RK Research :: Economic Initiatives-
Jump to: